Friday, June 26, 2015

Love and awesomeness for all

Love had a big win today. The Supreme Court made same sex marriage legal in all 50 states. Well done, America. Ridiculously, painfully overdue. But well done, nonetheless. I know we can do even better. We can live up to the ideals upon which this country was founded, but hasn't always practiced. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. For all. Regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or any of the other arbitrary differences that divide us. Love and awesomeness for all living things. What are we here for if not for that?

Give someone a hug today. And every day. Fill your life and the world up with so much love there is no more room for hate.

Lyric of the moment: "The book of love is long and boring. No one can lift the damn thing. It's full of charts and facts and figures. And instructions for dancing. But I, I love it when you read to me. And you, you can read me anything. The book of love has music in it. In fact that's where music comes from. Some of it is just transcendental. Some of it is just really dumb. But I, I love it when you sing to me. And you, you can sing me anything. The book of love is long and boring. And written very long ago. It's full of flowers and heart-shaped boxes. And things we're all too young to know. But I, I love it when you give me things. And you, you ought to give me wedding rings...." Magnetic Fields "The Book of Love" (I have a Mike Doughty cover of this song on my iPod that is one of my most favorite things ever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment