Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Keep on sleeping on

Last week I made a new friend. His name is TylenolPM. He's like one of those guys you know you shouldn't date but do anyways. And it's fun at first but in the end only leaves you longing for the real thing. I woke up feeling sort of rested but also so groggy that I tried to put both contacts in the same eye. So TPM, it's been fun but you're not really what I'm looking for. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Someday you'll drug the person of your dreams.

The next night I decided to take a bath before bed. A bath is supposed to be relaxing. But I found it mostly uncomfortable. Like President Taft, I am too big for my bathtub. Either my knees were sticking up out of the water or my feet and shoulders were. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing in there. Do I read? Just sit there? Eyes open or eyes closed? And I kept thinking about that CSI episode where someone died in the bathtub and wasn't found for days and had dissolved into some kind of disgusting human soup. I think I'm more of a shower person.

Maybe I will try chamomile tea instead.

For me the problem is not in falling asleep, but staying there. I usually fall asleep easily, but then I wake up too early and can't get back to sleep. Like some kind of sleep bouncer is cutting me off. And I really want to get back in that club.

Lyric of the moment: "Last week I had the strangest dream where everything was exactly how it seemed..." (I heart The Postal Service)

1 comment:

  1. first, this blog cracked me up. in addition to being a stellar runner, you are a great writer AND funny.

    second, you are not "like president taft"...you are tiny. but long?

    third, i read in the bathtub. but i can't sit there very long. like 10 minutes is about the most i can handle. i think for people who have a lot of energy, just sitting and doing nothing is not really a good option. it stresses me out haha.

    --sheila :)

    ReplyDelete