Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Is it ever gonna happen now?

Sometimes I think, this is what you get for starting to believe that someone could want you around forever. Silly robot, for thinking it could ever happen to you. It seems that the only one who's always going to be there for me is me. It's ok I guess. I have been very lucky and somehow managed to build a good life for myself. But I feel like nothing I do matters if I don't have anyone to share it with. If there's one thing I've learned it's that good company is the main ingredient in a happy life.

But no sense wallowing. Sad things happen to everyone. I just have to keep going and never lose my sense of love or optimism. Every obstacle can make me stronger, every loss can make me more grateful for what I still have and every struggle can make me more compassionate and empathetic.

Still, what I wouldn't give for a movie scene moment, to be on the receiving end of a grand gesture or epic declaration. Not likely, but maybe someday.

Lyric of the moment: "When the night falls on you, you don't know what to do, nothing you confess could make me love you less. I'll stand by you. Won't let nobody hurt you. Take me in, into your darkest hour. And I'll never desert you. I'll stand by you..." (because this is what I want love to feel like.)



 



No comments:

Post a Comment