Thursday, May 26, 2016

Things that are awesome Thursday

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back sleep, so I just laid in bed thinking about how lucky I am. I mean, when I was a kid I had my very own monkey bars that my dad built in our backyard. And things have only gotten more awesome in the subsequent decades. So I thought maybe I should keep a (semi) weekly list of all this awesome sauce. That way, when I have sad moments or feel like I am suffering from a severe hug shortage this year, I can look back at these lists and they will be like little word hugs. Or something. Anyway, on to this week's list of awesomeness:

  • On my run this morning I saw a fox (real!) and a giraffe (statue). But more awesomely, I discovered that there is a place that sells ice cream right around the corner from my house! I love this neighborhood!

  • My dad came up from Florida for a few days and we did father-daughter things like yard work, watching the X-Files, eating Abbott's and going to Food Truck Rodeo. (But man, weeding is the worst. It makes me feel like I am the Genghis Khan of my yard, massacring all the ugly plants and saving the cute ones. Because pulling a weed out by the roots is weirdly and perversely satisfying. And then I feel like a terrible plant murderer.)

  • At 5am Fit1, G and I climbed on all the tall things at Manhattan Square Park and it was the best ever! New goal: turn everyone into my partners in climbs! Mwahahaha!

  • Pete sends me messages like "Is it ok if I take $10K from our account and put it in an index fund?" and "803 credit score. It's not a competition ;-)" Which is hotness on par with that scene in Captain America Civil War where Chris Evans and his jacked up biceps are tossing a helicopter around.

  • I bought myself a ticket to Mike Doughty's Living Room Show. Because Mike Doughty! Question Jar! I have been wanting to go to one of these ever since I learned of their existence!

  • I am having dreams that everything will hurt and I will die at the Cayuga Marathon next Saturday. But at least it will be a happy death surrounded by waterfalls. Plus, I will get out of running Candlelight in July! And if by some miracle I don't die, then I will go to the Ithaca Bakery and drink a delicious coffee peanut butter milkshake of awesomeness. Win.

Lyric of the moment: "The distance is quite simply much too far for me to row. It seems farther than ever before, oh no. I need you so much closer..." ~Death Cab For Cutie "Transatlanticism"

No comments:

Post a Comment