Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July recap

This heat is making me hot and tired. But I have to say it's a welcome change from
being cold all the time. Here are some pictures from my 4th of July weekend adventures.

I ran the Firecracker 5 mile on Saturday. It was my first time running a 5 mile race, and I was glad to not have to run a full 10K because it was H-O-T. I wanted to finish under 40 minutes and I came in at 38:50 (172nd out of 666), so I was happy with that. The only thing I didn't like was having to wear the timing chip around my ankle (all the races I've run before had the timing chip in the race number you pin on your shirt). I felt like I was under house arrest the whole time. But I love how they posted the results:

Fleet Feet Sports FireCracker 5 Mile
Saturday, July 3rd, 2010 Fairport, NY
Produced & Timed by YellowJacket Racing
Total Finishers - 666 (Male - 367, Female - 297, Unknown - 2)

So apparently there were 2 participants of unknown gender. I don't know about that but I did see a guy who ran in a red, white and blue speedo, so he totally wins the prize for best outfit.

On Sunday, Jeremy and I went to Skaneateles and stayed at Mirbeau, a very fancy pants hotel/spa (compliments of my awesome bosses). The hotel, town and lake were gorgeous, though it's definitely a town for people who are way more wealthy than I'll ever be (seriously, my entire house could fit in some of these peoples' boat houses). We had fun walking around town, eating sushi on a boat, enjoying the hotel's "aqua terrace," getting ice cream by the lake and riding a bicycle built for two.




Lyric of the moment: "So whenever you need space I guess it's okay when you're floating away to feel nothing at all. We can be astronauts if you want to get out of here..."

No comments:

Post a Comment