Thursday, July 1, 2010

The random awesomeness of ordinary days

Some weeks, all the days run together into sort of a blur. So in an effort to focus on the random awesomeness that can happen on even the most ordinary of days, I thought I'd keep track of all the things I loved about this week:

Saturday: After running the Airport 5K, I rushed home to shower and then head out to the Wiener Dog Parade downtown. My mom brought her dog, Dexter (a.k.a. "The Tube"), but I think he was a little scared/overwhelmed. The parade itself was hilarious, but slightly creepy. I never knew so many people owned shirts with sayings like "I heart my wiener," "My wiener does tricks" and "Kiss my wiener."

Sunday: I bought a bathing suit for my trip. This was not awesome in and of itself, but it was a means to an end. I don't know why it's so hard to find a one-piece that's not too old lady or too expensive, but I finally found one in Target that will work. I love the water, but I have never felt comfortable wearing a bathing suit in public. It's too much exposure or something. So bathing suit shopping had the potential to be traumatic, but lately I've been all like "Whatever, I'm going to the Galapagos!" I figure no one else will notice or care what I look like in a bathing suit anyway. And if they do, that's their problem, not mine. I'll be too busy swimming with dolphins or whatever else we'll be doing on vacation.

Monday: Burritos, chips and salsa. mmm...Oh, and Wingman stopped by with his sister's little dog (which he's watching for the week). I hadn't seen him in a while, so that was cool. It's weird how I go through these phases where I am basically a recluse and then suddenly everyone comes back all in the same week.

Tuesday: I went to the Fleet Feet Tuesday night speed workouts for the first time. (I had other plans on the day of the first one and then I skipped the second one to go to the gym. Now that I'm running 5 days I week, I only get to the gym 2 days, and I was starting to miss it). I was nervous going in because I didn't know what to expect, but it turned out to be a good workout and not scary at all. I'd rather run in the mornings than after work, but I'll probably go to a few more of the Tuesday night workouts. I could use the speed work and it's a nice way to work off any stress that accumulates during the day (like this Tuesday, when I came home from work to find that Lucky had barfed all over everything. She seems to be ok now though, fingers crossed).

Wednesday: I went to the thrift store and scored a blazer, button up shirt and a sweater, all for $11.41. Coincidentally, this was the first time I'd worn the pants I got at the same thrift store months ago.

Thursday: We went to the farmer's market at Boulder and I got sweet cherries and sugar snap peas and frozen chai. mmm...

Lyric of the moment: "And I've always lived like this, keeping a comfortable distance. And up until now I had sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness. But darlin' you are the only exception..."

No comments:

Post a Comment