Thursday, October 28, 2010

The laws of physics need not apply

Sometimes I think about the things I would do if Physics ever took a vacation...

I would love to visit another universe or another dimension or wherever it is those people on Fringe and Quantum Leap and Doctor Who are always going. I would love to meet an alternate Jen. What would she be like? Would she have a mohawk? (awesome!) Would she be a chemist? (not awesome).

(Question: what is the opposite of an exclamation point? If "!" is what you use to convey your excitement about something, what punctuation mark conveys your unhappiness or non-enthusiasm about something?)

I would definitely build a perpetual motion machine. Just because I could.

Also, I would levitate. All the time. Gravity schmavity.

And teleport. Breakfast in Paris, a day trip to San Francisco, a weekend in Australia and back home in time for work on Monday.

Ooh! Forget about getting home in time for work. I could be in two places at once. Sweet!

Explore a black hole, run across the ocean, eat an infinity of cake without gaining a pound (ok, even I wouldn't want to eat an infinity of cake. Sugar coma!)

I wish Physics would go on Oprah and win a trip to somewhere far away. Like Pluto.

Ooh! Another one. Go to Pluto! Although technically, it's not the laws of physics that's preventing me from going to Pluto. It's the lack of a rocket ship.

So many possibilities.

Exclamation point overload.

Lyric of the moment: "It's so easy from above, you can't really see it all. People who belong together, lost and sad and small. But there's nothing to be done for them. It doesn't work that way. Sure we all have soulmates, but we walk past them every day..."

2 comments:

  1. Exactly how much sugar did you eat before posting this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha actually it was morning, but I did eat a bunch of Halloween candy later.

    ReplyDelete