Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkins in the park 5K

I ran in the Pumpkins in the park 5K at Cobb's Hill this morning. With all the hills, it's definitely not a PR course, so I'm happy with my time of 22:59 (44th place out of 467 total runners). Plus costumes were encouraged so I got to wear a Superman shirt. I only wish I had a cape too. Still, that shirt is sweet and I'm totally going to wear it even when it's not Halloween. There were some pretty neat costumes, including a runaway bride, Oompa Loompa, Homer Simpson, and 3 ladies dressed up as the 3 blind mice. Sadly, I registered too late and they had run out of t-shirts, but I did win a plaque for finishing second in my age group.

Jeremy made this awesome photo series from the race. It's like my very own comic strip!



Lyric of the moment: "I wonder what it's like to be a super hero. I wonder where I'd go if I could fly around downtown. From some other planet, I get this funky high on yellow sun..."

No comments:

Post a Comment