Friday, January 11, 2013

Daydreams

The other night, in that in-between state right before falling asleep, I had this...daydream? vision? I don't know what to call it but it was this vivid image of being at someone's house listening to old records and talking all night. I don't know where the idea came from or who the other person was. I don't even own any records. But I remember feeling like I was right where I was supposed to be.

Interesting.

I've been having a lot of dreams lately. Maybe it's the software. I don't know. But I find it very entertaining. It's like having my own personal miniseries, but without the annoying commercials. What will happen next? Who knows. It could be anything.

I think I'm giving up. I'm just going to float along for a little while, relaxing and observing. If there's something I want to do, I'll do it. And pay attention to how it feels. If it feels right, I'll go with it. If it makes me feel bad, I'll let it go.

Today I received an email from one of my candidates that said "I wanted to wish you a very Happy New Year! Let all your dreams come true!" (I love it!) If all my actual dreams came true, life would be very strange indeed. Though if New Year's eve/day is any indication, it's going to be a strange and unexpectedly amazing year. I'm kind of looking forward to that.

I'm responsible to a fault, but there is also a wildness in me, a bit of mischief, rebelliousness and wanderlust. Maybe that's why I often feel restless, why I always need an escape plan. I hope it's possible to be both a free spirit and a responsible adult. Because I can't choose.

Lyric of the moment: "Nothing I’ve ever done right, happened on the safe side. It’s the other way. I’m missing everyone I know now..."



No comments:

Post a Comment