Monday, January 14, 2013

Month of marvellous

The mystery of the "I don't know what I'd do without you, but I bet it's awesome" T-shirt has been solved! Over the weekend I got an email from my friend George explaining "I swung by during lunch and put that gift bag on your porch by your door.  In the gift bag was the shirt AND a note.  So hopefully despite the confusion you can appreciate the shirt.  It was completely meant in a good way. Like no matter what anyone else does it wouldn't matter because you're doing it and it would be awesome because you're involved."

People are the best.

I appreciate the humor of the shirt, but I don't really have the balls to wear it. And I don't feel that way about anyone. To all the people I know, I really believe that life is more awesome with you than without you.

I hope other people feel the same way about me. To that end, I've decided to take a month to be nice to and take care of myself. To run and read and relax and be happy and eat nutritious food and wear my favorite clothes and explore and spend time with awesome people. Maybe that's selfish but I don't care. I figure if I focus on being a better version of me, then I'll be able to give my best to everyone else.

There are no rules, no specific goals. That's the whole point. To be a kinder, more accepting and more nurturing robot. And to let go and have fun or be a little out of control at times. Everything in moderation.

At the end of the month I hope to feel marvellous.

Lyric of the moment: "Take my hand, take my whole life too, for I can't help falling in love with you..." (I heard an awesome cover of this song on the radio. It's just one of those songs that melts my heart. I guess you could say I'm a hopeful romantic.)



No comments:

Post a Comment