Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Assorted hijinks

My 4th of July holiday was 4 days of shenanigans with family and friends, running, a bit of swimming and eating all the ice cream and popsicles. Because that is what holidays are for. I don't think you can ever have too many hijinks or too many 4 day weekends.

I am so bad at swimming. Like tragicomically bad. But I don't care. I just love being in the water. And I want to run all over everywhere. On trails, on the beach, on roads, to the ice cream shops, to the moon (I wish!).

And it has finally happened. I have found the impossible. A convertible strapless bra that fits well, is very comfortable and not at all itchy, stays in place even when I run around and jump up and down and cost only $16.99. So yeah, I'm pretty much unstoppable now.

Sometimes I find myself thinking well that is either a fantastic idea or a terrible idea. And that's how I know I'm headed in the right direction. Because usually hijinks ensue. Or I learn a really important lesson. But either way, it is bound to be, as they say, an experience.

Whenever I leave their house, Mom says "Be careful" and Dad says "Drive fast and take chances." And I try to do a little of both.

Today at work I was asking a candidate about her experience and the technologies she's worked with and she said "If you want to know about toilets, I'm your girl. I bet you never thought you'd hear that today. You have to have a sense of humor about these things." So true.

Lyric of the moment: "Let's dance to joy division. And raise our glass to the ceiling. 'Cause this could all go so wrong, but we're so happy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment