Monday, July 15, 2013

Awesome vs. Not Awesome

Things that are awesome:
*Weekend adventures: BBQ Blues Festival at Highland Park, Corn Hill Festival, going to see Bill Maher's stand-up act. (The D&C article about Bill Maher coming to Rochester mentioned that he used to be on Murder She Wrote. What?! I totally have to find old Murder She Wrote episodes on Netflix and look for him.)
*Running to the beach. I love that I live within running distance of a waterfall and the beach. It's not a very scenic route to get there, but I love the beach view. Sometimes it is about the destination. After my run, I was stretching on a picnic table, waiting for Mike to come pick me up, and a woman walking by said to me "That's an interesting place to do yoga. I would never have thought of that." I didn't know what to say, so I just smiled and kept stretching.
*Swimming in the gym pool on Sunday mornings. Hardly anyone else is there and it makes me feel the best kind of tired, like I just ran 15 miles but nothing hurts.
*Edy's Outshine Fruit Bars. In every flavor. Sooooo good!

Things that are decidedly not awesome:
*Last week I noticed a charge on my bank statement from Embassy Suites in Dallas and it was definitely not me who made that purchase. Rut-roh. I called the bank to dispute the charge and thankfully they refunded me the money, cancelled my debit card and are sending me a new one. But I am still a little freaked out. Stupid identity thieves. As my Grandma Pratt would say "Cheater, cheater, pants on fire."
*During my run this morning, a homeless and/or drunk lady said good morning to me. I said good morning back, then as I ran past she yelled "Lose weight, yo!" I didn't know whether to laugh or be insulted.
*Somehow I have Poison Ivy. Or something equally itchy and red on my arms and back. Ugh. As if I wasn't already itchy enough normally. I need a vat of Calamine lotion. Or better, less sensitive skin.

Lyric of the moment: "Let's have an adventure. Head in the clouds but my gravity's centered..."

No comments:

Post a Comment