Monday, September 2, 2013

The Cape

Mike and I spent Labor Day weekend in Cape Cod, visiting TJ in Boston on the way there and back, walking around Provincetown and Hyannis, whale (and people) watching, reading and eating ice cream twice a day (Labor Day is the last hurrah of summer, you need a lot of ice cream). I was a little sad that it was too cold to go to the beach, but we had a great time anyway.

Two Jennifers. Or two sharks?




While we were there, I went on a long run (10-11ish miles) and a shorter 3ish miler. During the latter run, a man walking by shouted "A new course record!" as I passed (I wish!) and some dude on a bike, riding with no hands, slow clapped and yelled "Yeah! This time of the morning!" to me as he rode past. I love the weird things people say to runners.



Please do not touch Jennifer.

Whale!
 I think Provincetown was my favorite part of the Cape. It's beautiful and eccentric and full of dessert shops, what's not to love? Plus there was a lot of opportunity to take ridiculous pictures. I had to pose with this shark, who apparently is also named Jennifer. The sign next to it read "Please do not touch Jennifer. Thank you!"

I'm going to miss summer, but I'm sure I can find lots of new adventures to fall into.


Mike's ready to go to Lobster Town.

Blondie's tops all their ice cream cones with
animal crackers. Love it!

Lyric of the moment: "Kiss me hard before you go, summertime sadness. I just wanted you to know that baby, you're the best..."

No comments:

Post a Comment