Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The fungus among us

So we were Trails Roc-ing out after our run tonight, standing around being all sweaty awesome, when a car pulled into the parking lot and the driver asked us if we were "the mushroom meetup group." Apparently there is a group that meets in a park every month to look for mushrooms or do mushrooms or something having to do with mushrooms. Another car of mushroomers pulled into the parking lot, turned around, went the wrong way down the one-way park road, then came back a few minutes later to put up signs about mushrooms. The head mushroom lady was even wearing a shirt with mushrooms on it.

Super ewww. Mushrooms are the bane of my existence. For some reason mushrooms are in a lot of vegetarian dishes, ruining them. I think mushrooms are gross and I don't want them touching my food. And now it's happening. The mushrooms are organizing into groups! I get the creepy shudders just thinking about it.

I don't understand the appeal of foraging for mushrooms in the woods. But I suppose some people don't understand the appeal of running through the woods. To each his/her own. Dear mushroomers, please eat all the mushrooms so there will be no more fungus among us.

Lyric of the moment: "All I wanna do is live in ecstasy. I know what's best for me. I can't help it, it's this hopeless itch. I just wanna feel purple yellow red and blue..." (I imagine this is what being on mushrooms would sound like.)

1 comment:

  1. hahaha i am so glad you made this a post! i knew that only you would truly do that experience last night any sort of justice!!!

    ReplyDelete