Friday, February 14, 2014

Things that are awesome: Valentine's Day edition

I like to think of Valentine's Day, not as the commercialized, cheesy, materialistic, depressing day it's sometimes made out to be, but as a day celebrating love and dessert, which are two of my most favorite things. It's another day in your life that you can make into whatever you want it to be. Ignore it, spend it with your posse of awesome humans, get some sweet lovin', treat yo'self, you know, whatever tickles your fancy.

And now, things that are awesome:

*I love that while we're at work, Mozzie makes little sleeping forts for himself out of all the couch pillows.

*Robot socks! With the robot socks Mike gave me for Valentine's Day, I now have two pairs. I'm not much of a collector, but I think I may have to start. Robot socks for every day! And then we will take over the world! Just kidding. Maybe.

*Mike also got me a scarf with these little stones on it and the tag said they are "Rose Quartz. The stone of unconditional love and infinite peace. It brings deep inner healing and self love. It is calming, reassuring, and excellent for use in trauma or crisis. Rose quartz is known to draw love and relationships towards you and is an excellent stone for "mid-life crisis." It is known as a fine healer and sooths internalized pain." I was instantly curious. So stones have powers? Where do they come from? Who determined which stones had which powers? Which stones have the superpowers, like x-ray vision or telepathy? Is this like the placebo effect where it only works if you believe in it? If stones have so many powers, how come jewelry stores get robbed? You would think the army of super-powered gemstones inside would thwart any thieves.

*I stopped at the little coffee shop around the corner, ordered a hot apple cider that cost $3.25 and only had to pay $2. I tried to pay the $3.25 tab with a twenty dollar bill and the owner asked me if I had anything less than a twenty but I only had a bunch of twenties and 2 ones. The owner said he needed ones so he would take my 2 ones and call it even. "It's your lucky day," he said. Story of my life, dude.

*And of course, you! I hope you want to join my posse of awesome humans.

Lyric of the moment: "Baby you the whole package, plus you pay your taxes..." (because I really wish they made valentines out of these lyrics. I would send them to everyone I know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment