Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Happily ever after

I was starting to get frustrated by the wedding dress/ring shopping experience. I'm not into poufy, expensive dresses, and I'd much rather eat a cupcake than look like one. I couldn't care less about diamonds. Jewelry store salespeople are very pushy about the diamonds. Even after Pete told this one saleswoman that I didn't like diamonds and I reiterated it just to be sure she understood, all she could talk about was diamonds. I get it, they're hard. And should I find myself trying to cut a hole through glass and escape through it in some kind of James Bond movie, diamonds would come in handy. But I don't anticipate that happening anytime soon.

And what's the deal with the whole princess thing? I don't want to be a princess on my wedding day. Or any day. Actually, I think fairy tales are kind of depressing. A lot of bad things seem to happen to princesses. They get tricked into eating poisonous apples or pricked by poisonous spinning wheels or locked up in towers. They miss out on all the adventures. Although sometimes woodland creatures come and clean their rooms and do their hair. So there's that. But the only creature that's come into my house has been a bat. And all it did was lurk around the house being all creepy and definitely not cleaning anything.

So I gave up and went online, where I ordered a silver dress and a non-diamond ring. And then a white dress from izidress.com, in case I decide to go that route, in which case I'll return the other dress to Macy's. I was nervous about buying a dress online from an international site, but I suppose the worst that could happen is that I hate it and they give me crap about returning it and I'm out $160. That would be a bummer. But the dress and the ring are just minor details. Whatever I end up wearing, I'll be married to Pete in less than 60 days, which is the important thing.

And I am making my own happily ever after. Where the dresses are suitable for stilt walking and frisbee throwing and tree climbing. Where there is lots of running through the woods and going all the places and eating ice cream and helping friends raise the roof. 

Demolition/reconstruction of Steven's garage roof


Lyric of the moment: "And I was talking to you. And I knew then it would be a life long thing..." ~Tori Amos "A Sorta Fairytale"

No comments:

Post a Comment