Friday, July 17, 2015

When ice cream is plentiful and when it is scarce

Notes to the past:

Beginnings are also endings. Even if a change is a happy, positive one, there may still be a sense of loss. You have to let go of who you were to become who you are. Who you were was good, amazing even. Your past served you well. After all, it brought you here. But it also imposed limits on you. And now you have to let go of them and continue your quest towards boundlessness, unlimited possibility, the fulfillment of your highest potential. This was a nice place to visit, but you can't stay here. You don't want to stay here. Sure, you're used to it and maybe that conveys a sense of security, however false. Out there, this future you're embarking on, it's unknown and that seems scary. But every day starts the same way. It is all unknown. Twenty four hours where anything can happen. Let it. It will be beautiful and breathtaking and surprising and sorrowful and challenging and exciting and the best ever. I promise.


Notes to my future husband (I have a future husband. Like, in the near future I will have a husband. I cannot get over how strange and surreal and also spectacular that is):

I don't know what the future holds, but I promise to help hold your burdens, to hold your heart with the care and dedication it deserves, and to hold your hand across all the finish lines. I promise to love you on our best days and on our worst days, during the joys and the struggles, when ice cream is plentiful and when it is scarce. I promise to do my absolute best to make this a life of maximum awesomeness and to be a force of unconditional love, laughter and loyalty within it. I would love nothing more than to spend the rest of my life and all my adventures with you.

Lyric of the moment: "Live a life less ordinary. Live a life extraordinary with me. Live a life less sedentary. Live a life evolutionary with me. Well it's you and there's no other, I do believe...The night you came into my life, well it shook the bones of me, shook the bones of me. You blew away my storm and strife, and shook the bones of me, shook the bones of me..." ~Carbon Leaf "Life Less Ordinary"

No comments:

Post a Comment