Monday, January 23, 2017

This Is Marriage: Day 505

Pete is laying on the couch and I am propped up on his legs flying Superman style in the most fun pose we learned last weekend at Partner Yoga and Pete says "Nothing about this could go wrong" and we laugh so hard I almost fall on the ground. We spent the weekend running the River Chase loop with Steven, watching Amadeus in Buffalo (The Buffalo Philharmonic was most excellent. I wish this had been a concert instead of a play. The acting was good, I just thought the script and characters were terrible. I am so tired of pompous buffoons and petty, jealous manipulators), having important, uncomfortable conversations and taking a bread baking class at the New York Wine & Culinary Center.

And laughing. At the crackers we made that tasted like saltines but were more pita-like in consistency so I decided to call them pillow crackers. At Pete accidentally using the women's restroom at Kleinhans Music Hall when we walked into this huge room labelled "Powder Room" and I said "I think this is the women's room" but it was already too late. At Pete telling Eric how excited I was to make a rainbow colored veggie/hummus/cheese/chips tray as they are eating steaks and watching football and I was like "you know, because it's the trifecta of manliness: steak, football and rainbows." At me asking and then Googling all my football game questions. Like what are those grey things on the field, volcanoes shooting laser beams? (Turns out they are actually depicting a bridge and tower, which is far less interesting in my opinion). And where can I get one of those giant tent/coat/sleeping bag things that Brady guy is wearing? (Google did not tell me how to get a giant, tent-sized coat but did point me to some hilarious memes on the Brady coat situation and also to a life-sized bear cub body pillow. The internet is a magical place).

Whatever else is going on, there is no one who makes me laugh as much as Pete does. When I'm sick and tired, when the world at large is depressing and upsetting, I hold on to the laughter and I am eternally grateful for its presence in my life.

Marriage is a beacon of laughter, lightness and love that brightens all my days.



Lyric of the moment: "There is a design, an alignment to cry, of my heart to see. The beauty of love as it was made to be. Love, it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free..." ~Mumford & Sons "Sigh No More"

No comments:

Post a Comment