Sunday, June 27, 2010

On the runway

I think the Airport 5K is officially my favorite race ever. When else could you run on an airport runway without getting arrested by homeland security? And we got some pretty sweet swag, including snacks, water, t-shirt and coupons for free stuff.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but after the longer runs I've been doing lately as part of my half-marathon training, 3.1 miles seemed to fly by. It was a fast race (no hills - score!) but I felt good the whole way. I think I was just happy to be at the airport, one of my favorite places.

I'm so much more relaxed now than I ever was during high school or college cross country. I'm definitely having more fun. And I think I might actually be getting faster too.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Lyric of the moment: "This time baby I'll be bulletproof..." (I saw the music video today and La Roux's hair rocks. Very Flock of Seagulls).

1 comment: