Friday, March 9, 2012

Bonsai!

Dear Bonsai Tree,

You are the coolest present I have ever received (Thanks, Mike!). When you came into the house, did you see the sign that said "Abandon all hope ye plants who enter here?" Just kidding, there is no sign. But fair warning, I should tell you that I have a reputation as an inadvertent grim reaper to plants. Just ask your predecessor, the Blue Hyacinth, once beautiful, flowering and fragrant, now reduced to a mere handful of leaves. I don't know if it was my fault that his flowers grew so tall they fell over and then died, but my sporadic-at-best watering probably didn't help. In my defense, he is still alive. Mostly. But you, dear Bonsai, are different. I promise to do better, to spray you with water everyday and do my best to keep you alive for a long, long time. Or at least to set you next to the Buddha and put him in charge of keeping you alive.

From Robot, with love

Lyric of the moment: "Just sit back and hold on, but hold on tight. Prepare for the best and the fastest ride. And reach out your hand, and I'll make you mine. Everything, everything's magic..."

No comments:

Post a Comment