Monday, March 5, 2012

Running against the wind, bench pressing the moon

On Saturday morning I ran 18 miles in 30 mile an hour winds. In some spots, the gusts were so strong they almost pushed us into the street. Awesome, right? It's a cool feeling to be pushed around by air, like being in a tug of war contest with an invisible opponent. I think it's safe to say we won, since the wind made a hasty retreat the next day. I can't tell if my body is getting better at long runs or if I'm simply becoming more accustomed to the dull ache of fatigue in my legs, but I am finding the longer distances increasingly enjoyable. Especially the subsequent breakfast and nap.


After the run there were free cupcakes at Fleet Feet. Four different kinds of delicious looking cupcakes. And I didn't even want one. I think there might be something wrong with me.




Saturday night Mike and I went to the planetarium, where we bench pressed the moon, went to Jupiter and watched the Dave Matthews laser light show. Then we played some darts and listened to a terrible 80's cover band. Good times, good times.

On Sunday, we watched two of the worst movies I've ever seen: Drive and The Trip. Drive is great if you enjoy watching people stare at the camera while not talking and Ryan Gosling stomping a man's face to death in an elevator. The Trip is great if you like watching middle aged British guys eating weird food and doing terrible impressions of celebrities. I have to watch a really good movie soon. I need a dose of funny, quirky and cute, stat.

Lyric of the moment: "I wanted to stay, I wanted to play, I wanted to love you..."


No comments:

Post a Comment