Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Other assorted nonsense

Bruce Wayne is gone and I sort of miss him. He was flying around the house Saturday night while we were watching a movie and Mike caught him in a blanket and let him go outside. I hope he is having fun flying around with his friends, eating mosquitoes and going to bat mitzvahs. Or whatever it is bats do.

I am coveting my next-door neighbor's puppy. Hardcore. Whenever the puppy comes into my driveway, I am tempted to yell "Finders keepers!"and take her home with me.

I give up. I'm tired of worrying about my ankle and what is wrong with it and if it's ever going to get better. So I'm not doing that anymore. I'm doing whatever I feel like doing instead. Last Thursday, I woke up and felt like running some trails so I went to Seneca Park and happened to run into Sheila and Eric (yay!) so we ran a few miles together. Saturday and Sunday, Bug and I went to the beach to run barefoot in the sand (one of my favorite things ever) and try some swimming. In retrospect, this was a better idea in theory than in practice. I'd forgotten how dirty and seaweedy the lake is. Until recently I'd also forgotten how much I love the water. Why haven't I been doing this all along?

New rule: If I love it, do it, even if I'm no good at it or make a fool of myself. It's summer, the weather is amazing and I refuse to be upset/sad/disappointed about anything.

At Bikram Yoga last night, I felt like I was dying. We had a new instructor who had just graduated from teacher training and she didn't open the doors at all. It was crazy hot in there. Seriously, I think my insides may have melted.

I got a call from my new financial advisor. Apparently, my old financial advisor left for a new job and this new guy was assigned to manage my accounts. He asked me some questions and kept saying how refreshing it is to see someone my age making sound financial decisions. In my head it sounded like "Congratulations. You are the most boring 30 year old ever." And I don't want him to tell me what I'm doing right, I want him to tell me what I could be doing better.

Lyric of the moment: "And baby isn't this your chance to make a break with circumstance. And isn't it enough to prove today's the day..." (I've been listening to The Last Kiss soundtrack in my car. Because Bug has a new radio with CD player now! So fancy! This must be what it feels like to drive a car from the current decade.)

No comments:

Post a Comment