Monday, June 4, 2012

What I want to be when I grow up

Lured outside in the rain by the ding of the Skippy truck, we were standing on the sidewalk in front of my house waiting for the bearer of frozen deliciousness to make its way towards us. Some dude on a bike stopped at the truck while making his way down the street. As he rode past us, a "look ma, no hands!" smile on his face, hands in the air, fists full of popsicles, he let out a cheer of awesomeness. I've never known what I want to be when I grow up, but that moment - spontaneous, free spirited, content - epitomizes the way I want to feel in whatever it is I do.

Lyric of the moment: "And I wonder if everything could ever feel this real forever, if anything could ever be this good again. The only thing I'll ever ask of you, you've got to promise not to stop when I say when..."




No comments:

Post a Comment