Friday, September 28, 2012

And I can't decide which side I'm on

Last night I was stopped at a red light and I gave $5 to the homeless guy standing at the side of the road. He said "Alright! My girlfriend and I only need $15 more dollars to make it to Richmond!" I can't decide whether to think Even the homeless guy has a significant other. There must be something terribly wrong with me that I don't. or Even the homeless guy has a significant other. Maybe there really is someone for everyone.

All week on my way to work I've driven past a dead raccoon on the side of the road, body in rigor mortis, arms in perfect Heisman trophy pose. And I thought, Well, I'm having a better day than that poor little guy.

The ice cream cone is either half full or half empty. And I can't decide which side I'm on. I'm too optimistic to give up hope but too realistic to have lofty expectations.

I feel adrift because I have nothing to look forward to. No upcoming races, no epic trips, no exciting changes. Well, nothing that I know of yet. It's a little upsetting, but then I think...So don't look forward. Just take one day at a time and make it the best day you can. Love and appreciate the crap out of every day life gives you.

Lyric of the moment: "I know you're wise beyond your years, but do you ever get the fear that your perfect verse is just a lie you tell yourself to help you get by..."

1 comment:

  1. I say: treat yourself to a solo trip to Disney World. At least that's what I'd do if I was in your position.

    ReplyDelete