Friday, February 15, 2013

A tale of two cookies

Dear Self,

Pay attention, I'm about to drop some knowledge on you, son.

You might think, a cookie is a cookie, right? No. If what you really want is an Oreo, you can eat all the Hydrox in the world and never be satisfied. Wait for the Oreo, and then enjoy it in all its deliciousness. Don't settle for poor imitations when what you really want is the real thing. So it is with cookies. So it is with life.

You might think, beggars can't be choosers. As if! You're not a beggar. And the one thing you always have is a choice. You can choose how you react and what you focus on and who you surround yourself with. (You can end all your sentences with prepositions if you damn well feel like it.) If I were you (and I am), I'd choose love and laughter and gratitude. And Oreos. With milk.

From Robot, with love

Lyric of the moment: "My heart's made of parts of all that surround me...I just want to feel everything..."


No comments:

Post a Comment