Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Leads you here despite your destination

Is there such a thing as kismet or destiny or fate? I like to think I have some control over what happens to me, but sometimes it does seem like I'm being pulled in a certain direction, that maybe some things are inevitable. Things I keep coming back to, almost as if by compulsion. Invisible connections that remain unbreakable throughout time and space.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for the romantic notion of an inevitable rendez-vous of kindred spirits. Or maybe it's not destiny, it's just being attracted to what you really like, the gravitational pull of your passions. Maybe they are one and the same. I don't know. I'm not hip to the grand schemes and inner workings of the universe.

Is there some mysterious force that makes us do the things we do? Something responsible for those brief instances of intense bravery that embolden us to take the chances that lead us to our very best moments?

I'd like to have more of those moments.

I read somewhere that "a moment is as happy or sad as the person living it." I like that. Even if I am destined for a certain outcome, I still get to choose how I feel about it.

Whatever happens, I want to be surprised (hopefully the good kind of surprise, not like Surprise! Your house burned down! or Surprise! Identity theft!).

I want to find out I'm bigger on the inside.

Lyric of the moment: "Let's have an adventure. Head in the clouds but my gravity's centered..."



No comments:

Post a Comment