Saturday, January 25, 2014

2014 Race #1: January Resolution Virtual Run

I always do this thing where, right before I'm about to embark on an awesome adventure, I get into this I'm-not-good-enough-funk. So I'll be psyched to get out of this depressingly cold weather for a week and then I'll psych myself out about how I'm too pasty and lumpy for warm weather clothes. It was really harshing my zen. I figured the fastest way out of the funk was some speed. So I signed up for a virtual 5K, Rocket Racing Production's January Resolution Run (which I picked because it had rocket in the name).

I cranked out a 22:34 5K on the treadmill in the middle of my 8 mile run this morning and called it a day. Funk alleviated. It felt good to run some faster miles, especially since I just got over some kind of respiratory infection that had been irritating and tiring the crap out of me for the past two weeks. It's not the same as running outside, but I have no motivation to do speed work in single digit temps, so the treadmill it is. Put on some music videos or any of the insane shows on Bravo and I actually kind of enjoy it.

And now off to the airport we go....

Lyric of the moment: "Not very pretty but we sure know how to run free..." (I think the real lyrics are "run things" but I like singing "run free" better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment