Friday, March 7, 2014

The running hug

The other morning I was walking into work, past a woman stretching on the sidewalk, when her dog bounded over to me tail wagging, dragging the poor woman behind him, and started sniffing me. The woman said "I guess he really wanted to come say hi to you." I love the unapologetic excitement of dog greetings. I wish it was acceptable for people to behave like that. Minus all the sniffing. That would be weird. I mean the part about being so excited to see someone you just have to run over to them. As far as greetings go, I much prefer the running hug to the handshake. Though I guess it would be sort of awkward to run around hugging people like that. Sometimes at home I yell "sneak attack" and run over and hug Mike. But living with me is an adventure in weirdness so I think he's pretty used to my antics by now.

Lyric of the moment: "Sunshine she’s here, you can take a break. I’m a hot air balloon that could go to space..."

No comments:

Post a Comment