Thursday, August 7, 2014

Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes.

That is a quote from the movie Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. But it basically sums up my motto for life. (Note: the comma is important. I only party on one dude.)  Because life is the most excellent party.

What starts off as an ordinary Wednesday can turn into a pilates photo shoot for Rochester Magazine (which is like a regular photo shoot plus shaking legs and grimaces) followed by pilates after dark at the Genesee Brew House (which is basically just beer and (mashed potato) balls).  And any night where I can't tell if my abs are hurting from the workout or from laughing so hard is a good night!

Gina's pilates class is going to be the cover story in an upcoming September issue of Rochester Magazine (because Gina's pilates is the filet mignon of pilates). So a photographer came to class tonight, though he didn't stay long enough to capture the end of class. That's where the real magic happens. And by magic I mean your ass is burning and quad planks is a four letter word and you have never been so happy to hear Feist's My Moon, My Man, because it's at the end of Gina's playlist and means class is almost over. Afterwards, we all went for drinks on the rooftop of the Genesee Brew House. Despite not serving french fries and closing the rooftop at dusk (I mean, what kind of a bar is this?), the Genesee Brew House is a neat place. And it has one of the best views in Rochester. For serious. We even saw Robin Thicke's doppelganger.

I can't remember all the conversations that were had and the jokes that were made (a lot of them were about balls, naturally). I just remember thinking this is it, this is the life. Find people who take you as you are and don't take anything too seriously. And be excellent to each other and party on.

Lyric of the moment: "I hope that you don't suffer, but take the pain. Hope when the moment comes you say, I did it all, I did it all. I owned every second that this world could give. I saw so many places, the things that I did. With every broken bone, I swear I lived..."

No comments:

Post a Comment