Friday, August 1, 2014

This is my life

Wednesday, I was driving a bag of poop to Fairport (isn't that how all good stories start off?). Because apparently I am the kind of person who pays $27 to have her dog's poop tested for parasites. Even though said dog takes a pill every month to prevent him from getting parasites in the first place. Seriously, the dog takes more medication and gets more shots than I do. But whatever. The Vet sent me a reminder postcard to do it. So I did it. Because Mozzie is my little dude and what are we here for if not to take care of each other? So anyway, the poop and I were out for a joyride when I saw a man wearing a lion hat riding a bike and saw/smelled a car on fire on the side of the road (no worries, emergency personnel were on it). I don't know what you guys do on your lunch breaks, but this is my life.

Thursday, the plumber came to fix my toilet. It has been slow and prone to clogging for a week. And none of the things The Internet told me to do, like pouring baking soda and vinegar and hot water and chemicals in the toilet, had worked. Then the plumber pulled a giant black toothbrush out of the pipes. The cleaning people must have accidentally flushed it down there. The bill came to $94 and change and luckily I had just found a $100 bill in my desk drawer that I'd forgotten was in there. So I paid the plumber and called the cleaning service to politely request that they not flush anything else down my toilet. They were apologetic and told me to save the toothbrush and the bill and they will reimburse me. I wasn't expecting them to pay. Actually, I thought it was funny. And the plumber seemed quite impressed, like he had struck gold on some bizarre treasure hunt. I feel very lucky that this is my life and these are my "problems."

Thursday after work, I went to Letchworth to hang out at Eric, Sheila and Pete's campsites. When I was saying goodbye to Pete, I went back for an extra hug. And those extra hug seconds helped me narrowly avoid a smash-up with some baby deer on my drive home. The extra hugs, man. They save me every time.

So I'd like to take this moment to appreciate the randomness and absurdity and awesomeness that is my life.

Lyric of the moment: "I wanna live life, and always be true. I wanna live life, and be good to you. I wanna fly and never come down. And live my life, and have friends around...."

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I love how you look out for Mozzie, even though it takes a lot of effort to do so. I love dogs. I also have one of my own, so I know exactly what you're saying. Anyway, I'm happy to know that your toilet has been fixed. The cleaning people seem to be very apologetic, and it's nice of them to offer reimbursement for the damage. Your life do seem very awesome. I'm glad you're very optimistic. I wish you all the best! :)

    Mark R @ Pure Plumbing Service

    ReplyDelete