Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A thousand times yes

Whenever I start to freak out about something (I mean, not like that ever happens or anything. Totally cool as a cucumber over here. Cooler than cool. Ice cold. Riiiight), I ask myself "Even if I knew that this would end badly for me, would I still attempt it? And the answer is always yes. A thousand times yes. Because whatever happens, it can't be that bad. Out of everything I do in life, only one of them will be the thing that kills me. I like those odds. And I'm a going all in with all my heart and effort regardless of the outcome kind of person. I don't half-ass things. I am a whole ass or I am nothing!

It is far, far better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. It is far, far better to try and fail than to be sitting at home eating Cheetos, never having tried at all. And sure, Cheetos are good and all. But you just end up licking sticky orange chemicals off your fingers. And my friends, there is a great big world out there with so many better things to lick. And if it doesn't work out the way you hoped, so what? Do it for the story, the adventure, the love of being alive. Get some consolation cookies, cry about it if you want, but then laugh about it and get back out there and do some more crazy shit. This is your life. Make it awesome.

Lyric of the moment: "Wherever you are, know that I adore you. No matter how far, I can go before you. And if ever you need someone. Well, not that you need helping. But if ever you want someone,  know that I am willing..."

No comments:

Post a Comment