Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Liebster. Not to be confused with a lying lobster.

After being tagged in Sheila's Liebster Award post, of course I was curious about what exactly is a Liebster. I thought maybe it was some kind of deceitful lobster. But according to Mr. Internet, it's a German word meaning dearest, darling or beloved. Which is much better if you ask me. It sounded like a chain letter for blogs, only without the idle threat of some disaster befalling you if you don't pass it on. Still, I'm not about to risk some bad luck juju. So here goes...

1. Favorite place you’ve ever visited? This is an impossible question. Can I say Earth? Oh, more specific, huh? Earth 2014? Still no? I guess I will have to say Egypt. Because it was totally different from anywhere I'd ever been before and it was my first trip as a solo traveler.

2. Favorite sport? Running. Also, ice cream eating when that becomes a sport. I feel it's only a matter of time.

3. Least favorite food? Mushrooms. Also known as the bane of my existence and the worst ever. It's fungus, guys. Enough said.

4. Pick a favorite picture from the last year…upload it and tell why you love it so much! It's hard to pick just one. But it has to be this one of PEN at the finish of TransRockies RUN3. Because a few years ago I wrote that I wanted to cross the finish line of an epic race holding someone's hand. And this was the year it came true. Race after race. I went into the Mess The Dress race heartbroken and ended up crossing the finish line grinning from ear to ear, holding hands with this guy in a dress. I went into the Flower City Half Marathon excited to pace that guy to a PR and halfway through he asked me to be his girlfriend. I went into the 0spf Half Marathon thinking that if by some chance I managed to finish this race I would finally be a real trail runner, and after running/laughing with Danielle and Liz and finishing hand in hand with Pete, I realized that it matters not where I'm going or how fast, it only matters who I'm with. Then I got to run 58 miles of breathtaking trails in the Rocky Mountains with Pete and it was my most epic adventure to date. I can only hope this trend continues. Except for the losing my runderwear in Colorado part. I went there with 3 pairs of my favorite running undies and only came back with 2. But that, my friends, is the risk of adventure: sometimes you lose your underwear.

5. What is your favorite place to be in your house? My favorites are also the comfiest places: in my bed or on my couch. As they say, happy butt, happy life. I'm 60% sure that is totally how the saying goes.

6. What is one of your pet peeves? Drama. Unless it is on TV where it belongs (see #9).

7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her. Oh wait, that's Skee-Lo, not me. In all seriousness, I would like to be more patient and understanding and less judgmental.

8. What is one thing you would never want to change about yourself? My sense of humor. Life would be almost insufferable without it.

9. Any guilty pleasures? Really, really bad TV. Like anything on Bravo. Though I don't have TV anymore and I have to say I don't miss it.

10. What is your favorite childhood memory? I got to spend my 8th birthday at Disney World and that was pretty awesome. But in general, I got to do a lot of exploring and reading and climbing as a kid and I think that made all the difference.

And now apparently I'm supposed to make up some questions and tag some other people. But I can't choose and I don't know if anyone else wants to do this anyways. So I will cheat and tag the universe and let it tag whoever feels like continuing these shenanigans.

1. What do you love to do?
2. In what moments were/are you happiest?
3. On what do you choose to spend your money and on what do you choose to save it?
4. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
5. What's the best joke you've ever heard?
6. Favorite song lyric?
7. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie pop?
8. Who/what is your nemesis?
9. Doctor Who?
10. What is the recipe for awesome sauce?

Lyric of the moment: "And so today, my world it smiles, your hand in mine, we walk the miles..."

No comments:

Post a Comment