Tuesday, January 6, 2015

To infinite hugs and infinite adventures

On New Year's Day, I found a Christmas package from the always amazing Emelyn that contained a necklace with a silver infinity symbol. (I say found because for some reason the postman had hidden it behind the garbage can so I didn't discover it until I went to put out the trash. Perhaps I am unwittingly involved in a scavenger hunt with the postal service?) I'm always saying infinity of hugs and infinity of thanks and infinity of everything. And the necklace seemed like a sign, a reminder to live up to my words. It came at the perfect time too, as I was thinking about my intentions for the new year.  I'm not setting any specific goals for 2015 but I am setting a course for expansion. Of mind and potential. I want to be boundless, limitless. I want to be more compassionate, welcoming, infectiously happy. I want to be an infinity of hugs.

And I want to have an infinity of adventures and experiences. But I want to maintain a balance of having enough pre-made plans to look forward to while still leaving room to make spur of the moment plans. And of course there's that whole working thing, which is time consuming (but also entertaining. And necessary for acquiring more adventure moneys). So far, I've registered for 2 races, Mess The Dress and the 3 day Rogue River Trail Run*, and I'm going to sign up for the Mighty Mosquito Relay when registration opens. That feels like enough for now. I'm sure I will add more races as the year goes on but I don't want to plan them all out ahead of time. I just want to run and see where the year takes me (hopefully to the Canadian Rockies Heli Run. For obvious reasons. Mainly the helicopter ride). I don't know the specifics of what will happen this year but I'm going to love it no matter what. Because I already know how it's going to end. In awesomeness of course.

*I love how Pete sends me the links to these races and says "What do you think?" As if there is any other response than "Yes! Let's do it!" We're registered for the run that starts on May 25th. Join us!For serious! Do it! You get to pick an "evening beverage" as part of the registration form. So, you know, that's the kind of fun we're talking about here. I chose diet soda. Because I like to live dangerously. But also because chocolate milk was not one of the options.

Lyric of the moment: "Like a river flows surely to the sea. Darling so it goes. Some things are meant to be. Take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you..." (I keep hearing the Ingrid Michaelson cover of this song everywhere and it melts my heart.)



No comments:

Post a Comment