Thursday, May 7, 2015

Things you won't regret

I've noticed there are some things that I never regret doing: eating salad, getting rid of things, wearing pajama tops as shirts. It was not my first instinct to reach for salad when hungry or be ruthless in eliminating things from my house or shop for clothes in the pajama section. But over time I've learned that I always feel better after eating salad (Think about it. "Man, I really shouldn't have eaten all those vegetables" or "Duuude, I partied way too hard on the salad last night" said no one, ever). I've come to realize that I never miss the things I've let go of. I've found that all my softest, most comfortable, and hence most worn, T-shirts came from the pajama section of Target (I've also found that sometimes regular shirts look cute but are mostly just itchy and that trying to find a button up shirt that is not too tight on your boobs or too baggy everywhere else is an exercise in futility. Just give up that fight. Pajama shirts for the win. Seriously, no one will ever know. Unless you write about it on the Internet. Oops. No matter, you can wear that shirt to work and also to bed later. And simplifying your life + being able to go to sleep at any time = winning at adulthood.)

So logically I should remember all this and do more of these things. But I'm not an elephant and sometimes I forget. So this is my reminder.

Dear self, things you won't regret, ever:

  • Salad. Eat it, feel good, repeat.

  • Getting rid of things. You won't miss them. And getting rid of things you don't need or want frees up space and time for all the important things in life. Like people. And shirts that double as pajamas. Which brings me to my next point:

  • Shirts that are also pajamas. Note: just shirts. Pajama bottoms are too obvious. (I got rid of all my pajama bottoms. Except for the ones with hippos on them of course. I mean, what's hipper than hippo pants?)

I bet if you think about it, you can come up with your own "no regrets" list. Things that might not be instinctive but that always make you feel better and happier and more comfortable. Do them and awesomeness will ensue!

Lyric of the moment: "These are the days we've been waiting for. On days like these who could ask for more. Keep them coming 'cause we're not done yet. These are the days we won't regret. These are the days we won't forget..." ~Avicii "These Are The Days"

No comments:

Post a Comment