Thursday, August 27, 2015

On embracing the uncertainty

Life is nothing if not uncertain. Sometimes that uncertainty can be a bit overwhelming. What if I take this big leap and it doesn't work out? What if I attempt this big, epic thing and I fail? The fears will try to hold you back. The Doubts will try to convince you that you can't, that you don't have what it takes, that everyone will laugh at you. I do not know if it is possible to eradicate fear and doubt. Probably that's a bad idea anyway. But I do know that you can just tell those naysayers So what?

So what if I'm tired? I will keep going. So what if I fall? I will get back up. So what if I fail? I will try again, try harder, try better. So what if this thing I worked so hard to build gets knocked down? I will use the pieces to build something even more awesome. So what if I don't know what's going to happen? I will do what I can to make the best of it.

Here's the truth: the more you embrace reality instead of resisting or avoiding it, the easier and more joyful life becomes. That doesn't mean it will be all sitting on rainbows eating cake all day. There will be challenges, sorrow, loss. Embrace those things too. Let them open you up and teach you and strengthen you. The more open you are to life, the more awesomeness can get in. And there will be awesomeness. So much that you will wonder how it is even possible.

Lyric of the moment: "Come with fears, come with love. Come however you are. Just come, come along. Come with friends, come with faults. Come however you are. Just come, come along. Come with me, and let go...Come, come along. Come with sorrows and songs. Come however you are. Just come, come along. Come, let yourself be wrong. Come however you are, just come…" ~Damien Rice "Trusty and True"

No comments:

Post a Comment