Friday, September 11, 2015

Home

I've noticed that when I'm stressed out or worried about something it's because I'm holding on to things that I don't need, be it fear, my own or others' expectations or the idea that I "should" be or feel a certain way. And when I relax and let go of those things, the stress and worry dissipate and I get back to the place where I trust that everything will work out and life will continue its arc towards maximum awesomeness. I like to spend as much time as I can in that place.

For a while I was stuck on this idea that Pete and I needed to find a house before we got married because it would be weird to be married and still going back and forth between our two houses. It looked like things were working out. We made an offer on a beautiful house the day before our wedding. But there were two other offers and we didn't get the house. So the search continues. And maybe it is weird. But I am weird. And oddly, it has always worked out pretty well for me. I really loved that house, but I didn't feel that disappointed when we didn't get it. It's not the house that makes the home, it's the people in it. I can be happy living anywhere. Because if you're at home in yourself, everywhere you go is home.

Lyric of the moment: "I'll follow you into the park, through the jungle, through the dark. I've never loved one like you. Moats and boats and waterfalls, alley ways and pay phone calls. I've been everywhere with you. We laugh until we think we'll die, barefoot on a summer night. Never could be sweeter than with you. And in the streets we're running free, like i's only you and me. Geez, you're something to see. Ahh, home, let me come home. Home is wherever I'm with you..." ~Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros "Home"

No comments:

Post a Comment