Friday, September 4, 2015

Impossible things before breakfast

Excitement is reaching critical levels. I fear an explosion may be imminent. That is not even hyperbole. I woke up to inexplicable leg bruises and a weird spot of blood on my pillowcase. It is possible I am quite literally bursting with excitement. Every day I am doing things I never thought I could do. 5am backwards spider crawls and running for hours in the woods and shared bank accounts and being in a wedding. Like IN it, in it. Not just the supporting cast. This is my life now and it is everything I ever wanted and more. I am the strongest and luckiest and happiest I've ever been. And it's because of you. Your innate awesomeness has enriched my life beyond measure and I am eternally grateful to have met you on this little blue planet spinning 'round the sun.

There is a line in Alice in Wonderland where the Queen says "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." And I always wish it said "Sometimes I've done as many as six impossible things before breakfast." Because why are we here if not to chase our wildest, most impossible dreams and make them possible?

A lot of things are still uncertain. Where Pete and I are going to live, for one. But I'm not going to worry about it. Life is uncertain. Just enjoy the ride and make the best of it and eventually everything will work out. Or something like that. It's not where I spend the rest of my life that matters, it's who I spend it with and what I spend it doing. So hopefully I'll be spending it with Pete and all of you and getting up to so many impossible adventures.

Lyric of the moment: "You are the best thing, you are the best thing, you are the best thing, ever happened to me..." ~Ray LaMontagne "You Are The Best Thing"

No comments:

Post a Comment