Thursday, September 10, 2015

Notes to self: life lessons

Things to always make time for:
  • People
  • Running (or yoga, SUP, strength training, etc. Just move.)
  • Adventure
  • Reading
  • Ice cream

Things you might think you need but you don't need:
  • Closure
  • Everyone to like you

Things that might seem like a good idea but aren't:
  • Strapless dresses (So cute and yet, never ever worth the constant pulling up/readjusting. Straps = ease + comfort. Straps are your friend.)
  • Eyebrow waxing (It hurts. And then your face still looks exactly the same.)

Things that might seem like a bad idea but aren't:
  • One more hill

How to choose when both options are bad:
  • Chose the side of reason. Choose the side that isn't forcing you to choose sides. Make the choice that gets you closer to being the person you want to be.

How to choose when both options are good:
  • Choose both. Like getting married but still living part of the time with your awesome roommate until you and your husband find a new house. But don't accidentally almost flash your roommate because you forgot your bathrobe when exiting the bathroom. Um yeah, don't do that. Again.

Miscellaneous:
  • It is hard to climb a tree while wearing a dress. Unless you are wearing shorts under the dress. It is a good idea to think of latter before doing the former.

Lyric of the moment: "And oh my love remind me, what was it that I said? I can't help but pull the earth around me, to make my bed. And oh my love remind me, what was it that I did? Did I drink too much? Am I losing touch? Did I build this ship to wreck?" ~Florence + The Machine "Ship to Wreck"

No comments:

Post a Comment