Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What better place than here? What better time than now?

For some reason, I signed up for a half marathon training program. It starts next week and will hopefully prepare me for the Rochester half marathon in September.

I thought of all the reasons I was afraid of running a half marathon...
*Less is more. Running 3 miles is good. 13 miles, not so much.
*What if it hurts?
*What if I get injured?
*What if I don't finish?
*What if I am the slowest person there?
*What if I am the fattest person there?
*What if I don't make any friends in the group?
*What if I have to wear spandex or one of those belts with the water bottles on it?
*What if I have to pee during the race? What if I have to pee like 10 times during the race?

No doubt, it is a risk. There is the definite potential for failure. That's why I decided to do it. Anyway, I already paid for the training program so it's too late to back out now.

On one hand, I could die (not very likely but people have died while running before). But on the other hand, if I can do this, I can do anything.

Sometimes you might wonder what you've gotten yourself into. And that's how you know you're in the right place.

Live through this and you won't look back.

Lyric of the moment: "I'll write you a postcard, I'll send you the news, From a house down the road from real love. Live through this, and you won't look back..."

1 comment:

  1. 1) it's gonna hurt at least in the beginning and end accept that and be okay with it 2)If you get injured you get to stop running with a legit excuse 3)if you don't finish what? Do the finish police hunt you down and beat you? 4)if you're the slowest person everyone will have left by the time you get to the finish line -yay for less pressure 5)wtf? 6)you are a great friend, if all else fails just tell them you'll let them copy your notes after class 7)wear whatever you want, hell, go naked 8)if you have to pee, pee. It'll blend in with the sweat and you can throw a cup of water on your crotch to clean it. No worries mate! You rock!

    ReplyDelete