Wednesday, December 15, 2010

If I am lost or broken

So I'm back to drinking tea again. Apparently my dislike of being cold trumps my dislike of tea.

It seems like the desire to be warm is my sole motivator as of late. Hot drinks, boots, scarves, tons of layers, and hugging my space heater are in. Skirts, dresses, ice cream and not being under a blanket are out.

I wish I was one of those women who could wear skirts in winter, but i have no idea how to accomplish this without a) freezing and b) looking all bulked up like some kind of abominable snowperson. I bought a pair of sweater tights because the name made them sound warm and cozy, but I haven't figured out how to wear them yet.

At what age do things fall into place and you find your personal style? At what age do you stop thinking about where your life is going and what you're going to be when you grow up?

I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea to run a trail race in Rochester in December. In the snow. In the dark. On trails. Snowy, slippery trails. Unfamiliar trails to boot. But that's what I'll be doing at 7pm tonight. If you don't hear from me in a while, I am lost and lying broken somewhere in the woods at Cobb's Hill. Please send cake.

Lyric of the moment: "Through the years we all will be together, if the fates allow..." (because you can't stop Christmas)

No comments:

Post a Comment