Sunday, December 9, 2012

Graced with clumsiness

In what can only be described as an act of unparalleled grace, I whacked my knee hardcore at the gym Friday morning. It takes a certain amount of skill to injure oneself while getting off a treadmill. But the bruise is pretty sweet. And I think my tendons and I may be starting to reconcile.

I spent the weekend with friends old and new and I laughed so hard my face hurt. Every time that happens I think, this is the life.

Today I ran 7 miles at the gym (the last mile of which I was unfortunately stuck between Mr. Coughing-like-I-have-SARS and Mr. Wearing-way-too-much-cologne. Seriously? This is a gym, not da club), then took a glorious nap and relaxed at home. I ordered Chinese food and the old woman who delivered it said "It's hailing out here. Did you bring this snow? I love you baby." I can't decide if that is crazy or the best ever.

I feel that way about a lot of things.

Fortune cookies say: "Love is on the way" and "Just wait for the right moment. Keep your eyes and ears peeled." I hope the cookies are right.

I think on 12/21/12 I'm going to rent the movie Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World. And anyone who wants in is more than welcome to join me.

Lyric of the moment: "Why do we fall in love so easy? Even when it's not right. Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame. Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned. But just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die. You've gotta get up and try and try and try.."

No comments:

Post a Comment