Sunday, December 23, 2012

Nonsensical logic

Sometimes Christmas puts me in a mood. I want it to be all magical and meaningful and romantic and when it doesn't turn out that way I feel like an idiot for being sucker punched by my own optimism. I knew it was getting bad when the season finale of How I Met Your Mother made me cry. So I did the only logical thing...I bought Wonder Woman underwear. I was walking through Target and there they were and it just seemed like a sign. I mean, when awesomeness calls, you have to answer.

Sometimes I think I'm failing the Turing Test. But for some reason I keep trying. I don't know why I do some of the things I do. It doesn't make sense. But sometimes I think all the very best things in life transcend logic. So there's that.

Lyric of the moment: "They say that the world is built for two, only worth living if somebody is loving you..."

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I do the same thing with romanticizing Christmas. We both just need to live in the moment. I hope you have a great Christmas and you can come run with us for New Years!!!! I'm sure some illegal climbing on the tank will put you in a stellar mood! :) --sheila

    ReplyDelete