Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Things that I hope are ok

Things that I hope are ok. As in, other people sometimes feel/think/do these things too. Otherwise there is probably something wrong with me.

*Feeling simultaneously grateful for every mile I can run and also being all this shit is bananas whenever my freakin' tendon acts up.

*Eating the good stuff out of the trail mix and leaving all the raisins.

*Liking people based on the quality of their hugs.

*Wanting to be someone's first choice, someone's best, one true whatever. And feeling sad at the thought that this may never happen. Then deciding not to think about things like that because I'd rather spend my time feeling awesome, not sad.

*Not believing that the world will actually end on Friday, but thinking that if it did, it would be an amazing event to witness. And hoping that of all the possible apocalypses, it would be zombies.

*Wanting more reasons to stay up late. And also more sleep.

*Having questions. About everything.

*Starting a book, realizing I'm not that into it, returning it to the library and getting something I can't wait to read instead.

*Being happy when the Magic 8 Ball answers: without a doubt. Because at least someone in this house is capable of certainty, even if he is made of plastic.
Lyric of the moment: "The best things in life aren't things. They're living and breathing. The best things in life aren't things. They're something you can believe in..."

No comments:

Post a Comment