Thursday, December 6, 2012

Waiting for the Tardis

Yes! Story of my life.
Lately I just want someone to hug me and tell me that I'm not a mean, awful, broken down robot with no feelings. But I doubt that is going to happen so I've been watching Doctor Who instead.

And I love it. The Doctor is quirky and funny and British and best of all, travels through space and time. He is the consummate adventurer. But it seems highly unlikely that a man and his blue box will ever appear at my doorstep, so I'm going to have to find my own Tardis. Though in my version, all the robots would be for good, not for evil.

The thing I find sad about Doctor Who is that he has some kick-ass companions over the years but he never has a long-term partner. Maybe that's the price of life as an explorer.

There are so many things I want to see and do and read and climb and eat, but I have plenty of time for all that (hopefully). Life is exciting and funny and amazing and I want to experience all of it. But I don't want to do it alone.

Maybe the life I want is impossible and I should give up on it. But I don't think I can. I will probably always be searching, just on the off chance it might be out there somewhere.

Lyric of the moment: "He can show you the planets, he can show you the stars, he can love you more because he's got two hearts..."

No comments:

Post a Comment