Wednesday, May 28, 2014

2014 New Things #8: Smart phone

About a month ago I finally joined the 21st century and upgraded to a smart phone. I have nothing against technology, but a smartphone never seemed like a necessity to me. I sit in front of a computer all day at work, so when I'm not at work I like to be unplugged. Not unavailable, just not in front of a screen. But as with anything else in life, I figured I could do technology my way. So I got the Samsung Galaxy III mini, which I picked because it was the smallest and bluest option. (It's a good rule of thumb for choosing let's say a phone or car or house, possibly even a bikini if you are hella confident. Not so much for choosing a date though ladies.)

I think the smartphone and I are going to be friends. Mostly I use it to check Facebook, which means looking at cute pictures of my friends and their kids, finding out where all the runs are and laughing at all the jokes, funny stories and antics of my favorite humans. It's also handy as an alarm clock and calendar. And I've started using it to listen to Pandora while I take Mozzie for walks, since his walks are more like sniffing extravaganzas with some intermittent moseying and the music relaxes me and keeps me from being all Oh my god we are not even moving. Mozzie, seriously? It's been 5 minutes. How  much longer do you need to smell the place where you just peed?

I could use it for directions, but I usually don't because I dislike being bossed around by disembodied voices. And because sometimes you have to get lost in order to get to the very best places.

Bonus points for now being able to say I have a mini Galaxy in my purse.

Lyric of the moment: "I want more. Impossible to ignore, impossible to ignore. And they'll come true. Impossible not to do, impossible not to do. And now I tell you openly, you have my heart so don't hurt me. You're what I couldn't find. A totally amazing mind, so understanding and so kind..."

No comments:

Post a Comment