Friday, May 30, 2014

The unfathomable awesomeness of being

Today I came across this quote by Amy Poehler: "Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life."

Truth.

In the past, I haven't been much of a joiner. Some groups have an us-versus-them mentality that I cannot abide. Because awesomeness is all-embracing and all-inclusive and I just want everyone to be awesome together. But I feel like I've finally found a place where that happens. I feel like part of a team, the kind of team I've always wanted to belong to, where everyone is encouraging and inspiring and unbelievably kick-ass. I have PEN. I have TrailsRoc and my running family. I have my work family. I have my family and my friends-who-are-family. I have all the people (and Mozzie). I have everything.

I've always been pretty lucky, but lately my luck has been reaching previously unfathomable levels of ridiculousness. And I just want to take a moment to appreciate the crap out of it.

It's impossible to know what the future will bring. But I'm looking forward to every minute of it.

Lyric of the moment: "Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls brought me here. And where was I before the day that I first saw your lovely face? Now I see it everyday. And I know that I am the luckiest..."

No comments:

Post a Comment