Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The robot's guide to loving and living

I used to be very impatient with life. I was all Is it ever going to happen? Are we there yet? How about now? Now?

But I've come to enjoy the surprises, the unexpected plot turns. I don't know where I'll be a year from now, 5 years, 20 years. But I know it will be awesome. Because awesomeness, like happiness, is ever infinite and always available, regardless of time or space or circumstance.

I always hope that people will stick around, but sometimes they have their own shit going on, sometimes they get called off on other adventures. And that's ok.

I don't know what's going to happen or what other people are going to do. But this is what I'm going to do. This is the Robot's Guide to Loving and Living:

*Love everyone. Not just the ones who believe the same things as you or the ones who are nice to you. Everyone. Every single living thing deserves love.

*Love is freedom. It is not restriction or possession. It is not insecure, it does not worry. It accepts you for who you have been, who you are and who you will be. It just is. Always, forever. So keep your insecurities in check. And don't let yourself be manipulated by the insecurities of others.

*You don't have to choose sides. You can love everything. That's why chocolate-vanilla-swirl soft serve exists. So beware of situations that force you to choose sides. They are probably not the situations for you.

*Find your own happiness. Don't expect anyone else to make you happy. Do the work and fight your own demons and take care of yourself and show up for others.

*Celebrate all the good times and help each other through the bad times.

*Hugs and cookies for all!


Lyric of the moment: "Babe, I have to take the call. Fate, don't fail me now. I make all that I believe. I set myself free. So take all the time you need. And let yourself be..."

No comments:

Post a Comment