Thursday, May 8, 2014

On time. Or how soon is now?

There are two ways of getting in the pool: slowly, cautiously, toe by toe, inch by inch, or doing a cannonball. This is true of most things in life. You can take your sweet time, slowly acclimating yourself, savoring each step. Or you can jump into things with your whole heart, everything, all at once. There is beauty in both options. And either way, you're going to end up in the water.

I can take my time, letting things unfold as they will. But when I get that feeling in my heart like this is it, I'm all in, immediately, irrevocably, forever. The day I saw my current house, I made an offer on it. I fell in love with Mozzie the instant I saw his puppy face. I can make small talk and I love joking around but when I meet you what I really want to know is everything - all your stories, loves, fears, opinions, favorite songs, favorite flavors of ice cream (because really, who can have just one favorite flavor of ice cream?). If I know you, I want to really know you. I want to have all the conversations and go on all the adventures. Because why else are we here?

Sometimes I think maybe I should be a toe by toer. But I'm really more of a canonballer at heart. Life is short. I don't know how many beautiful days I have left. And I want to spend as much time as I can in the pool.

Lyric of the moment: "So let go, so let go. Jump in. Oh well, what you waiting for? It's alright 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown. So let go, let go. Just get in. Oh, it's so amazing here..."

No comments:

Post a Comment