Thursday, July 31, 2014

2014 New Things #13: Fivrr

I can't remember how I first heard about Fivrr , an online marketplace for professional services that only cost $5, but somehow my brain connected the dots and reminded me of this site when Pete and I were thinking about getting custom hoodies for our TransRockies/Colorado adventurefest. Pete bought us matching hoodies at The North Face during packet pick-up for 0spf. Then all we needed was a logo. I browsed through the logo designers listed on Fivrr and picked dreamgdesigner because one of his/her sample logos included a lion wearing a bow-tie. And that is the kind of ridiculousness I'm going for in life. So I paid $5, added a note about what I was looking for and in a few days I received the sample logos:



Dreamgdesigner's message explained "I used bold adventure fonts so its help in printing process," which I loved. You can't go wrong with bold adventure fonts. I love them all, though I'm quite partial to the last one. For obvious reasons. But I think we're going to go with the first or second one, whichever looks best with the color of our hoodies.

I was very pleased with my first Fivrr experience. It's only five dollars so you get to feel like a high roller. Plus I've never been part of an adventure team or had my own logo before. This will almost make my imminent death in Colorado worth it.

The only thing left to do is set a course for maximum awesomeness. And engage!

Lyric of the moment: "But you'll have to run to me tonight. Tonight I will love you forever. But I'll only ever be a middle distance runner..."

No comments:

Post a Comment