Wednesday, February 24, 2016

This is my brain.

According to the CPA, we are not getting a tax refund this year. Nope. Not even close. Actually we owe several thousand dollars in taxes. Apparently this is the downside of marriage. Basically, we both married up. Into a higher tax bracket.

This is how my brain processed that information in between hearing it yesterday and signing the papers today:

Wait, what? That's so not the news I wanted to hear.

I'm annoyed.

Wait...I'm annoyed. As in a tiny bit miffed, minorly irritated. (Mostly just out of shock and also is this why society is all marriage crazy? Mo' marriage, mo' money for the man?) I'm not panicked or despondent or utterly terrified that I'm going to end up living in a van eating nothing but ramen noodles. This is not a big deal. I mean, it's not a totally insignificant deal. But it's not a big deal. It's just money. In a way, I sort of like paying taxes. I guess. It does make me feel like I am succeeding at responsible personhood. And hey, evidently the government thinks I'm doing so well that they want me to give more back. I am doing well. I have an awesome life. I have health and people and adventure. I am the luckiest.

Let's make peanut butter fudge!

Let's go to spin class!

Let's eat dinner. For, like, nutrients and stuff.

Onto the important matters at hand. Or mouth? Let's eat peanut butter fudge!!!!!

Mmmm...it's so peanut buttery and coconutty. Who knew you could make this deliciousness with just PB, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, salt and a freezer?

Can I eat this for breakfast?

Let's sign up for the CandleLight 12 Overnight Ultra!

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo! What did I just do?!

In July, when I die a horrible death running in circles all night, it will be the government's fault.

Lyric of the moment: "And I find it kind of funny. I find it kind of sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take. When people run in circles it's a very, very mad world, mad world..." ~Gary Jules "Mad World" (This is how I imagine it will feel to run for hours and hours in the dark, all the tiredness and delirium and awesomeness. Did I say awesomeness? I meant oh shit (string of expletives!!!) what have I done?)

No comments:

Post a Comment